Countdown To GDPR Compliance
In Recital 32 we are given more details on this:
‘consent’ of the data subject means any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her;
Article 4 of the GDPR defines consent as follows:
Consent should be given by a clear affirmative act establishing a freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her, such as by a written statement, including by electronic means, or an oral statement. This could include ticking a box when visiting an internet website, choosing technical settings for information society services or another statement or conduct which clearly indicates in this context the data subject’s acceptance of the proposed processing of his or her personal data. Silence, pre-ticked boxes or inactivity should not therefore constitute consent. Consent should cover all processing activities carried out for the same purpose or purposes. When the processing has multiple purposes, consent should be given for all of them. If the data subject’s consent is to be given following a request by electronic means, the request must be clear, concise and not unnecessarily disruptive to the use of the service for which it is provided.
These lines are very important for website owners:
“Silence, pre-ticked boxes or inactivity should not therefore constitute consent.” And “When the processing has multiple purposes, consent should be given for all of them.”
“Silence, pre-ticked boxes or inactivity should not therefore constitute consent.”
“When the processing has multiple purposes, consent should be given for all of them.”
There is now necessity to gain consent for every way in which a persons Data is gathered and used, so consent for one type of cookie does not carry over and apply to consent for other types of cookies. Consent is covered further in this article Add A Consent Tick-box To Your Data Gathering Forms For GDPR Compliance
Consent once given should be as easy to withdraw as it was to give, is the message in Article 7(3)
- The data subject shall have the right to withdraw his or her consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. Prior to giving consent, the data subject shall be informed thereof. It shall be as easy to withdraw as to give consent.”
- What GDPR Means For Website Owners
- GDPR What Are Cookies and Why Do I need a Cookie Notice On My Website
- Cookie Control – The Right to Choose
- Add A Consent Tick Box to Your Data Gathering Forms For GDPR Compliance
Cookie Control – The Right to Choose Disclaimer: GDPR is a serious topic and can have financial & legal ramifications for business owners that do not correctly comply. As I am not a legal professional I make no claim that this article or subsequent articles definitively covers everything that website owners should know, as such I would highly recommend that you do further research on the topic and seek legal advice should you deem it necessary. You should not rely on the contents of this article as legal proof of anything and I accept no responsibility or liability for its accuracy.
BOOK A FREE NO OBLIGATION CONSULTATION
Have a new business idea or want to totally revamp your website into something that better suits your business?
I am here to help!
I offer a once off free no obligation consultation where we will take a deep dive into your current website, discuss how it is, and more importantly, how it is not performing for you and come up with a solution that better suits your needs.
Fill out the form and I will get back to with ASAP.
CREATE108 WEBSITE DESIGN SERVICES
Web Design Services
- eCommerce Development
- Brochure Website Development
- Catalogue Website Development
- Fully Device Responsive Design
- SEO Set Up
- 12 Months Free Hosting
- 12 Months Free Site Maintenance
- Image Optimisation
- Brand Design/ Brand Continuity Adherence
Serving your needs
- Jargon Free Professional Website Design
- Free Consultation & Development Plan (BOOK NOW)
- One to One Service (No Middle Men)
- Content Checking
- Ongoing Consultation Throughout The Project
- Pre-Launch Support
- Post Launch Support
- Search Engine Registration (Google & Bing)
- Google Analytics Set Up
- LEO Online Trading Voucher Support and Guidance (LEARN MORE)
"When you work with me you work only with me, I don't outsource my websites and don't use third party middle men. All my clients get my dedicated attention through every stage of the design process and beyond."
Keith Byrne - Create108.ieLearn More